The Powerturn automatic swing door drive
Universal Design Made in Germany: The Powerturn automatic swing door drive reliably and safely opens even large, heavy doors weighing up to 600 kg. This powerful GEZE product is also the safe and reliable solution for fire protection doors. At the same time, the low overall height of the swing door drive at just 7 cm fits perfectly with every design.
The advantages of the Powerturn swing door drive
- Smart swing function for easy manual passage
- safe opening and closing even under adverse conditions
- received the eco-label 'Environmental Product Declaration (EPD)'
- high reliability: approved by the German Association for Technical Inspection (TÜV) over 1,000,000 cycles.
- optimised roller guide rail (smooth running, safe guide rollers)
- reliable RWA or security interlocking door system solution
- low overall height of only seven centimetres
- quick and easy installation thanks to clever GEZE installation system
GEZE Powerturn - electromechanical swing door drive 1-leaf and 2-leaf Single-action doors © GEZE GmbH
- for leaf weights of up to 600 kg at 930 mm door width
- for leaf weights of up to 300 kg at 1,350 mm door width
- closing spring up to EN 7 for extra-wide fire protection doors
- optimised gear with high torque
- integrated smoke switch in the Powerturn F/R and IS/TS variant
- flexible system component for a wide range of applications
- complies with all current norms and safety standards
As a flexible component, Powerturn can be integrated into various scenarios. Powerturn is not only a powerful specialist but also a true team-player.
- can be operated on escape and rescue route doors
- can be integrated as a supply air opening in smoke and heat extraction (RWA) systems or in natural ventilation systems
- can be controlled as part of the GEZE interlocking door system
- can be networked with locks and door control units from GEZE as well as from third-party suppliers
- has been designed for BACnet implementation and can be integrated in a future-proof way in building automation systems
Do you have specific demands? We offer you tailor-made and individual solutionsContact us
Simply walk through the door with the unique Smart swing function. © GEZE GmbH
The Powerturn swing door drive makes manual passing through the door child's play thanks to this unique energy storage effect. The spring, which ensures safe closing of the drive in the event of a fire, is pretensioned once and held in this position which means that it does not have to be permanently moved during passing. As a result, even large, heavy doors can be opened manually by anyone with almost no effort. This means that the drive is always the 'master of the situation' and closes safely in the event of fire. Last but not least, the Smart swing function also reduces energy costs – in the 'permanent hold-open position' as well as in operation.
Our Powerturn variants
© GEZE GmbH
Our broad Powerturn portfolio meets your every demand:
- for 1-leaf or 2-leaf doors
- with or without integrated smoke switch
- as roller guide rail or link arm variant
- with or without mechanical closing sequence control
- for double-leaf doors with just one active leaf
GEZE Powerturn IS/TS: the latest member of the Powerturn family
A two-leaf swing door in which mainly the active leaf is moved: for this application - for example in schools or clinics - we offer a combination of swing door drive and door closer as an attractive variant for double-leaf doors. This 'duo' brings a new interpretation to the strengths of the swing door drive Powerturn.
- system for double-leaf systems
- GEZE Powerturn swing door drive on the active leaf
- GEZE TS 5000 L or GEZE TS 4000 mechanical door closer on the passive leaf
In the Powerturn F/R-IS/TS variant for hold-open systems, this solution can also be used on fire protection doors. The smoke switch control unit is invisibly integrated into the cover, along with the necessary closing sequence control. All the advantages of Powerturn have been maintained. <br/>Go to the product
Is Powerturn suitable for you?
Our online door calculator lets you quickly and easily determine the application areas where Powerturn is best suited. Enter just a few details, and the online door calculator gives you clear information about possible door leaf widths. And information about power reserves for loads due to wind pressure and dynamic pressure for different types of installation is also just one click away with this clever tool. Just enter your measurements.Go to the door calculator
Powerturn swing door drive has received numerous awards
German Design Award Winner 2018
The German Design Award is all about design quality. The best design products in each category are recognised as winners of the German Design Awards. The Powerturn F-IS/TS swing door drive system, a 'strong' connection between automatic doors and door closer technology, was awarded the prestigious prize in the 'Building and Elements' category.
Plus X Award 2015 – Best Product of the Year
The Plus X Award recognises manufacturers for the quality and innovation of their products. Innovations that simplify and enhance our lives and at the same time make ecological sense – in other words, newly developed and innovative technologies, extraordinary designs and intelligent and simple operating concepts are worthy of distinction. Awarded the 'Best Product of the Year 2015' seal of approval.
Plus X Award 2015 - Innovation Award
The Plus X Award recognises manufacturers for the quality and innovation of their products. Innovations that simplify and enhance our lives and at the same time make ecological sense – in other words, newly developed and innovative technologies, extraordinary designs and intelligent and simple operating concepts are worthy of distinction. Awarded in the categories Innovation, High Quality, Design and Functionality.
Powerturn swing door drive received the 'Environmental Product Declaration' (EPD), a globally recognised eco-label, at the BAU trade fair 2015 in Munich. The EPD for the new drive, presented for the first time at the BAU trade fair, was created on the basis of the stringent rules of European standardisation for sustainable construction.